It’s a tropical and subtropical plant grown as a vegetable. It has tender shoots and leaves.
It is different to kale in English.
Indonesia: kangkung. Malaysia: mukim kangkong.
English: water spinach, river spinach, water morning glory, water convolvulus.
1 lb of water spinach (cleaned and discards any tough stems).
½ tsp salt.
1 tsp lime juice.
1 tbsp of water.
1 large tomato.
6 red chilis.
½ tsp shrimp paste/belacan.
1 cup of freshly grated coconut (steamed).
1 kaffir lime leaf (cut into thin strips).
1 tsp of gula jawa/Indonesian palm sugar (you can substitute with brown sugar).
1 cloves garlic (grated).
1. Prepare a steamer by bringing it to a boil.
2. Steam the water spinach or green of your option for about 5 minutes.
(if you utilize kale, it may take a bit longer, however you do not wish to overcook it up until it loses its vibrant bright green).
3. When cool enough to handle, press out as much water as you can.
4. Reserve while you prepare the garnishes and dressing
5. Place the tomato over a grill or broiler and blacken it till it has great char on the skin. Location the charred tomato in a bowl and cover with cling wrap for about 5 minutes approximately.
6. You must have the ability to quickly peel of the skin.
7. Place the tomato, chili, shrimp paste, lime, salt, and water juice on a mortar and grind.
You can constantly utilize food processor and procedure into a paste. Reserve.
8. In another blending bowl, blend the grated coconut, garlic, kaffir lime leaf, and gula jawa together
9. When prepared to serve, pour the sauce over the water spinach and toss to see to it the sauce coat
the veggie and top with the coconut mix.
10. Do not do this ahead of time, just dress the salad when prepared to serve.
Recipe: foodsweety dot com