Bulayak is rice cake wrapped in a palm leaf, and shaped like a spiral. Please try the satay Bulayak if you came to Lombok.
350 gr beef, mashed rough, cut into small pieces.
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice.
100 gr coconut, coarsely grated.
100 gr fried peanuts, finely crushed.
1 tablespoon brown sugar, shaved.
200 ml thick coconut milk from 1 coconut.
25 pieces skewers.
10 Bulayak/Lombok rice cake.
15 pieces of red chili sauce
6 red onions
4 cloves garlic
3/4 tsp pepper roaster
3/4 tsp salt
1. Rub the meat with lemon juice and let stand 15 minutes.
2. Mix the meat with half the spices and grated coconut, stir.
3. Skewer beef into skewers, steamed 20 minutes until cooked.
4. Grill skewers until browned.
5. Heat 3 tablespoons oil, and sauté ground spices until fragrant.
6. Add peanuts, brown sugar and coconut milk, stir well.
7. Cook until boiling and thickened.
8. Serve skewers with peanut sauce and Bulayak/Lombok rice cake.
Recipe: lezat dot com.